Photograph compliments of B.Calhoun Photography
Vancouver's Langara College is a gateway to all facets of the real estate profession, including property management, building management, appraisal, social housing management, construction and development, energy management and Trading Services and Broker's Licensing. Whatever your area of interest, you can begin your future in real estate at Langara College.
Langara College works closely with the University of British Columbia, the Appraisal Institute of Canada, the Real Estate Institute of British Columbia, the Professional Association of Managing Agents, the Strata Property Agents of British Columbia, Homeowners Protection Office, the Architectural Institute of B.C., the British Columbia Non-Profit Housing Association, and the Canadian Institute of Housing to ensure that our courses and programs are aligned with educational standards across the profession.
Real Estate program areas at Langara College include:
- brochure - Continuing Studies Diploma in Real Estate
- brochure - Property Management Certificate
- brochure - Professional Building Manager Certificate
- brochure - Real Property Analyst Certificate
- brochure - Social Housing Management Certificate
- brochure - Building Systems Energy Assessor Courses & Certificate
- brochure - Construction & Development Certificate
- course outline - Advanced Strata Management
- brochure - Real Estate Investing Certificate
- brochure - Real Estate - Trading Services Certificate
- brochure - Real Estate Broker's License
Download a brochure that describes all real estate programs and courses at Langara College.
All courses are offered on a part-time basis (evenings or Saturdays) to suit the needs of working adults. You may register directly in any individual course, subject to prerequisites in some cases.
Learning outcomes vary across program areas. In general, the intent is to offer entry-level courses that give students practical knowledge and skills for success in the workplace.
Courses within certificate programs provide a foundation of principles, accompanied by a strong emphasis on the professional and applied aspects of the subject field.
Students enrolled in UBC-equivalent courses (listed within the Real Property Analyst Certificate Program) may continue their studies at UBC toward the Diploma in Urban Land Economics, the Bachelor of Business in Real Estate, and several professional credentials. (Note: UBC’s part-time real estate courses are offered via distance education methods).