View the program breakdown of both full-time and part-time Digital Film Certificates below.
From Script to Screen students immerse themselves in all aspects of film production gaining necessary skills to work in the exciting field of film making and receive equipment production packages for their training and graduation films.The Digital Film Production Program emphasizes hands-on learning on creative production projects culminating in a final graduation film.
The Drama shoot, A Music Video, The Documentary Film and The Graduation Film. Students own copyright to their graduation films and come away with a portfolio worthy of film festivals, for both traditional and online distribution.
The Art of Editing and Post Production Processes (15 hours)
The Art Director (9 hours)
The Art of the DOP includes location shoot (28 hours)
- Advanced Camera/Lighting (14 hours)
The Assistant Director (6 hours)
Digital Video Cameras (14 hours)
The Documentary Shoot (28 hours)
Documentary Filmmaking (16 hours)
Dramatic Film Processes (16 hours)
Final Cut Pro Editing (33 hours) additional Lab times
The Role of the Producer (27 hours)
Intro to Digital Video Making (24 hours)
How to Get Into the Industry/Careers (10 hours)
- Motion Picture Orientation Course ( 7 hours)
Commerical /Blocking (14 hours)
Music Video Production/shoot (12 hours plus shoot )
Pre-Production Meetings (12 hours)
The Role of the Director (38 hours)
Edit Lab (25 hours)
A Short History of Canadian Cinema (15 hours)
The Short Script (21 hours)
Sound (6 hours)
The Script Supervisor (9 hours)
Critique of Graduation Films (4 hours)
The Practicum includes shoot and post production (96 hours)
Maximum 9 students per full-time intake.
Students will need their own external drive for editing in the full-time program.
The part-time program is flexible and runs on evenings and weekends. Students do not apply to the program but register directly to a course by calling our registration line on 604 323 5322. They can take an individual course and/or build up the requisite hours and courses for certification.The certificate program has been designed to ensure that students will be fully prepared to enter the film industry with comprehensive training and a professional portfolio. For current course, fees and dates please click on the Courses button.
For certification, students must complete a minimum of 490 hours (49 CEUs) of instruction that includes 261 hours (26.1 CEUs) of required courses and 96 hours of a graduation project, and 289 hours (28 CEUs) of electives, including at least one practical course.
Students should allow one and a half to two years to complete this pr.ogram which includes a number of assignments and a graduation Film project film, and they should allow a small budget for their production.
Required Courses (26.7 CEUs, 267 hours):
- Art of Camera Lighting Level 1(24 hours, 2.4CEUs)
- Dramatic Film Production (18 hours, 1.8 CEUs)
- Introduction to Documentary Filmmaking (18 hours, 1.8 CEUs)
- Independent Film Production (18 hours, 1.8 CEUs)
- Introduction to Digital Video Making (30 hours, 3.0 CEUs)
- The Documentary Shoot (24 hours, 2.4 CEUs)
- The Role of the Director Level 1 (21 hours, 2.1 CEUs)
- The Short Film (18 hours, 1.8 CEUs)
- The Practium Graduation Project (96 hours,9.6 CEU's, no class time provided)
(Minimum of 228 hours for certification):
- Digital Video Cameras (14 hours, 1.4 CEUs)
- Art of Camera Lighting Level 2(18 hours, 1.8 CEUs)
- DSLR Video Production (36 hours, 3.6 CEU's)
- Introduction to Final Cut Pro (14 hours, 1.4 CEUs)
- Intermediate Final Cut Pro (12 hours, 1.2 CEUs)
- Advanced Final Cut Pro (14 hours, 1.4 CEUs)
- Editing and Post-Production Processes (18 hours, 1.8 CEUs)
- Sound on the Set (12 hours, 1.2 CEUs)
- Adobe Photoshop -Level 1(36 hours, 3.6 CEU's)
- Adobe Photoshop -Level 2 (36 hours, 3.6 CEU's)
Writing a Feature Film Script (24 hours, 2.4 CEUs)
Writing a Feature Film Level 2 (24hours, 2.4 CEUs)
How to Get into the Film Industry (6 hours, .6 CEUs)
- Motion Picture Orientation (7 hours, .7 CEUs)
Notes: Digital Film Production Certificate (Part-Time)