ACBT Application Instructions
Animal Control Basic Training (ACBT) Certificate Application Form
- OCTOBER 22-27, 2018 Now cancelled
- April 29-May 4, 2019 Application now available
Before registering for the Animal Control Basic Training (ACBT) Certificate program, please ensure that you are aware of the prerequisites required, associated fees, and scope of students’ responsibilities. Information can be found by reviewing the following documents:
- Program Information
- Animal Control Basic Training Application Form (See above)
- Program Information Guide
Program Admission - Current term
Students must meet the required prerequisites, and if required have employer approval as outlined on the application form. The application form must be completed in its entirety, and submitted prior to the identified deadline. Submit your completed application, documentation, application fee, and program fees (if applicable) attention Animal Control Basic Training, Langara College Continuing Studies via mail, fax or email. See details below. Registration for enforcement officers is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applications for non-enforcement applicants are processed according to the steps on the application form.
- Application fee: $40 per student (non-refundable)
- Program Fee: $1,471; a 10% discount is available if program fee is paid in full by February 15, 2019.
- Program fees (or employer invoicing instructions) must be submitted at the same time as your application
- Please note application deadline on the application
- Invoiced payments must be received no later than two weeks prior to program start date
- Note: Program fee does not cover transportation, accommodation, or meals.
Note: If application is denied you will be notified of this status, and your payment will not be processed. If you are approved to attend the program, you will receive an email acceptance. Receipt for payment will follow.
- All sections of the application form are MANDATORY. Where not applicable please indicate N/A.
- PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY - Certificates will be printed, as the name appears on this application
- Note: Program may fill in advance of application deadline. You are encouraged to complete your application as early as possible. Seats are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis to applicants who have met the required prerequisites.
Fees may be paid by Visa; Mastercard; cheque; money order; or where approved, a company invoice.
If it becomes necessary for you to cancel your application, you must notify the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least fifteen days prior to class start date. See refund policy below. Note: The College may cancel this program, for any reason, up to 14 days prior to the program start date. This program will only run if sufficient registration is received by the application deadline.
Refund Policy - if student/employer cancels:
- Cancellation more than 15 days prior to start date: Full refund less administrative fee of $235
- Late cancellation (7-15 days prior to start date): 50% refund of paid fee 
- Cancellation after 7 days prior to program start date, or a “No Show”: Zero refund.
 If a student needs to withdraw early, a replacement registration of another individual from the same orgnaization may be accepted up to 7 days prior to program start date, with no penalty. After that time there are no changes or refunds. Amounts are subject to change.
Note: As the program could be cancelled up to one month prior to the program start date, students are encouraged to only purchase refundable transportation and hotel options, or wait to purchase until the registration deadline, and confirmation that the program is running.
The program must be taken in its entirety; modules may not be taken separately. Students are responsible for their participation and completion of all in-class material, practical exercises, pre-reading, writing of tests, and the on-line course. Students should be aware of their rights and responsibilities as well as the College’s expectation in terms of student conduct. Details may be found at www.langara.ca/student-services
Submit your completed application, documentation, application fee and program fees to:
Animal Control Basic Training, Langara College CS
100 W. 49th Ave, Vancouver, V5Y 2Z6
FAX: 604.323.5899 | EMAIL: email@example.com
Original application form must follow by mail.
Discounts(only one discount option may be applied):
- A 10% discount is available for registrations paid in full before the early bird registration deadline
- Inquire about group discounts of 3 or more people from the same municipality/city, in the same intake. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Limited enrolment for non-bylaw/enforcement applicants. Please be aware that all non-enforcement applications will be reviewed by mid March, and a decision will be sent to you at that time.
Seats are limited for these entry qualifications. Please note that your application fee is non-refundable and will be processed upon receipt of your application. Early submission of your application, and requested documents, with clear statements on page 2 of your missing prerequisites and dates to be obtained - is highly recommended. Please see the application form for details.