Priorities & Measures
Langara is a modern and sustainable organization, with the high-quality learning spaces our students need and deserve. Langara has a strong financial position and is an efficiently run, environmentally responsible organization, which facilitates the delivery of high-quality programs and services to our students.
Ensure financial stability of the College to support its vision and mission.
Maintain revenue from nontraditional sources (everything except domestic tuition and General Purpose Operating Grant)
65% of the College’s total annual revenue is independently generated.
Contribute to climate action by increasing sustainability on campus.
Develop strategies and advocate for funding for a LEED* certified replacement for A Building
Currently on hold pending funding for Consultant Team.
Initiate design work.
Engagement of community and stakeholders In building advocacy
Continued showcasing of the Strategic Plan and deepening multi-faceted relationships via community events and activities, including: Punjabi Market Festival, Indian Summer Festival, and Royal Bank of Canada collaboration.
Enhance and report on campus sustainability initiatives
- In June 2021 we received a Silver Rating from Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) STARS.
- Continue working towards Gold Rating
Enrolled in STARS program. Sustainability student ambassadors hired and sustainability culture assessment in progress.
Achieve STARS* Bronze rating and work towards Silver.
Integrate and streamline key business processes.
Identify priority processes to improve in support of new Strategic Plan
- Continue refining Workday ERP Finance and Human Resources systems to align technology and key business processes.
- Prepare for new Workday Student Information Systems.
- Implement Workday Adaptive Planning tool to support the reporting and prediction of current and future spending allowing cost centre managers to test budget scenarios.
- Streamline and simplify the faculty contract administration process, from hire to end employment. A total of 77 processes have been mapped, relating to offering, hiring, contracting, academic appointment, ending jobs, and payroll support.
- In preparation for the replacement of Banner as our Student Information System, a total of 95 current student processes relating have been mapped, including student registration, records, admissions, programs, courses, financial aid, and graduation processes.
- Using the analysis of student administration processes, Langara has launched an initiative to upgrade its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) capability.
Identify in 2021.
*LEED – Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
*STARS – The Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System. More information at: stars.aashe.org