Painting in Tuscany
Immerse your creative self as we sketch and paint the breathtaking beauty of the Italian countryside. You will absorb the glorious, rich colours of Tuscany in this painting program and apply them with every brush stroke to your canvas, beginning in Florence with a tour of the Renaissance city and visits to key historical sites such as the Piazza della Signoria, Bargello and Duomo museums, and the Accademia and Uffizi galleries along with focused instruction from professional artist Judith Atkinson. From there, we travel to a private villa nearby to capture in paint the unique light and landscape of this memorable part of Tuscany.
Some of the tour highlights:
- Stay at a charming traditional Italian farmhouse (agriturismo) with outdoor swimming pool
- Enjoy locally sourced, home-cooked 5-course Italian meals (wine included)
- Visit key historical sites in Florence, Cortona, Arezzo and Assisi
- Lecture & guided tours by local artist. Visit to local artist's studio
- Paint in the Plein Air tradition in the beautiful Italian countryside
- Instruction by professional artist/ Fine Art instructor
- Small group size; travel and paint with like-minded individuals
Farmhouse accommodation near Cortona during our 2013 tour.