In October 2018 we began accepting applications to the Acting Program for Fall 2019 and January 2020.
In February 2019 we began accepting applications to the Production Program that starts in January 2020.
- Begin by applying online on the Langara website which includes an application fee.
- You will receive an email from Langara Admissions with your myLangara account information. Go into this account and click on "Checklist" in order to track your application status.
- Once your application has been approved, you will then be required to pay a separate $50 Audition Fee.
- Auditions will begin to be scheduled in February. Only those who have paid their Audition Fee will receive an Audition Package.
- The Audition Package will include a date and time of audition, as well as monologues.
- Interviews and auditions are held across Canada each spring in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg and Edmonton.
- Successful applicants to the Acting Program are accepted for either September or January intake.
- Successful applicants to the Production Program are accepted for January intake only.
- For more information on auditioning, see The Audition.
- If you are a member of a community that is under-represented on Canada’s stages, you may qualify for Free Audition Coaching.
- Review the Langara College/Career Studies page for more detail on Becoming a Student.
- Remember, enrolled students in the Studio 58 program are recommended to be financially prepared. Working at a job while doing the program is not possible.
- For information regarding cost of tuition and other fees, please see the Cost of Study Tool.
- September 14, 2018 - application deadline for Production Students who want to enter the program in January 2019
- April 12, 2019 - application deadline for students who want to enter in Fall 2019 (Acting) or January 2020 (Production and Acting)
- April / May 2019 - auditions for new applicants: Vancouver (Apr 23-30); Edmonton (Apr 23); Winnipeg (Apr 24); Ottawa (Apr 25); Toronto (Apr 27)
- September 2019 - intake for Acting Program
- January 2020 - intake for Acting Program + intake for Production Program