Volunteer beyond the classroom.
Langara International Service Trip (LIST) takes students beyond the classroom, and beyond Canada, to volunteer in our global community. The program focuses on local & global cultural awareness, sustainability, and service.
Langara College is proud to be the first Canadian College to partner with ME to WE Trips.
How to get on the LIST.
Students will need to complete an application to be considered for the LIST program. As part of the application, students submit a letter of intent, their resumé, and a letter of support. There are only 12 spots available so entry is competitive.
The deadline to apply has been extended to Monday, June 10 to accommodate high demand and allow students more time to gather their application materials.
The cost for the program is $2,700. Students accepted to the program will be responsible for a $400 commitment fee due upon acceptance to the program.
Price ($2,700) includes:
- Airfare (both ways)
- 3 meals a day + water
- Cultural, service, and wildlife-viewing programming (eg, build site activities, safari day, elephant orphanage, beading with Maasai Mamas and more)
Price does not include:
- Kenyan Visa (approximately $60 CAD)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses (eg, buying gifts or snacks)
- Pre-Trip Programming (3 days): Students will complete 3 modules with both Brightspace and in-person components. The three pre-trip modules are: Service, Sustainability, and Culture.
- Service Trip (7 days): The service trip will take place from Friday, August 23 - Sunday, September 1, 2019. After arriving in Kenya, students and Langara facilitators will join the ME to WE facilitators who will deliver in-country programming relating to the 5 pillars of impact (for WE villages). Langara students will volunteer on social development projects, have the opportunity to learn from the indigenous people of the Massai Mara, and view local wildlife.
- Post-Trip Programming (2 days): Students will complete a Reflection Project based on their LIST Program experience which will be included in a project showcase.
Ready to apply?
Complete the online application form. Don't forget to gather your letter of intent, resumé, and letter of support before submitting the application.
Get in touch.
Have questions about LIST or looking for more information? Contact Maggie Stewart or stop by The Hub.
Office: A 140b