Every Langara student has a right to:
- Due process and procedural fairness when involved in an investigation of inappropriate conduct or other policy violations.
- Express their opinion, and come together with others, provided they do not interfere with the rights of others, violate college policies, or undermine the college operations.
- Form clubs and committees and to associate with other organizations to promote common interests.
- Privacy consistent with Langara college policy and provincial privacy legislation.
- Pursue their education in a safe and respectful educational environment characterized by civility, individual integrity, social responsibility and respect for diversity.
- Reasonable access to college policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Reasonable and legitimate access to the college's buildings and facilities.
- Request assistance from the college to address incidents of harassment, bullying, discrimination, or any form of violence or aggression.
All Langara students are responsible to:
- Abide by Langara College polices and follow local, provincial and federal laws.
- Conduct themselves with honesty, integrity, civility and respect.
- Contribute to a safe, respectful, and inclusive College environment by ensuring they do not threaten or endanger the health, safety, or well-being of any person.
- Familiarize themselves with relevant College policies, course outlines, evaluation methods, and College timetables.
- Follow all health and safety procedures outlined for classrooms, laboratories, field trips and practicum.
- Keep the College informed of their current contact information.
- Make responsible decisions about their behaviour and take responsibility for their actions.
- Read emails sent to their Langara email account.
- Resolve disagreements respectfully by communicating with the appropriate College department or personnel.
- Show student identification if requested.
- Use Langara’s computing system and network responsibly and for it's intended purpose.
Acknowledgement: The above information has been adapted from Student Rights and Responsibilities, Safe Student Community. (n.d.). Retrieved July 04, 2016, from https://ufv.ca/safe-student-community/rights-and-responsibilities/