- When an instructor has concerns that a student has engaged in academic misconduct, he or she will notify the student about the concerns and allow the student a chance to respond to the concerns. Based on the student’s response, the instructor will decide if misconduct did occur.
- If misconduct did not occur, no further action is taken.
- If misconduct did occur, the instructor will report the incident online to the Office of Student Conduct & Judicial Affairs, including any sanction for the infraction.
- If there are no previous infractions on file or the matter is not deemed serious, the Office of Student Conduct and Judicial Affairs will send a letter to the student outlining the instructor's decsion.
- If there are previous infraction(s) on file or the matter is deemed serious, the instructor's report will be forwared to the Division Chair or Program Manager for review and a final decsion. The student will be notified in writing as to the descion.
Please note: all communication is sent by email to the student's Langara email address. Failure to check email is not an excuse for failing to respond to a notification.