Volunteers are an integral part of the success of our orientation and welcome events. Back to school time is a great opportunity to make a difference in the Langara community and be a part of a team that welcomes new and returning students and employees to a new semester at the College.
This year the Office for Student Engagement (OSE) is excited to announce the return of the Get Oriented (GO) Team Volunteer Program.
Who is the GO Team?
The Get Oriented (GO) Team is a dedicated group of Langara student volunteers that work together to provide a welcoming experience to new students during the New Student Orientation (NSO) events. There is a diversity of roles in the GO Team including:
- Group Leaders
- Check In Attendants
- And more!
What is expected of a GO Team mate?
GO Team members are required to:
- Read all provided resources and participate in training opportunities
- Attend training sessions (In-person or online) and the event training on Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
- Volunteer a minimum of one 7-hour shift (on either August 30, August 31 and/or September 1, 2017)
What does a GO Team mate get for volunteering?
Being a member of the GO Team provides many opportunities such as:
- Exclusive personal and professional development opportunities
- Great skills for your resume
- Opportunity to meet an amazing group of people
- A thank you letter confirming your hours
Update: Volunteer Recruitment for the Fall 2017 GO Team will open on Friday, June 9, 2017 and will close on Friday, July 14, or until all spots have been filled.
Application Form: Click here to apply. Please make sure that you are available for at least one of the event days (see above info).
If you would like to volunteer for other VOLT programs, please visit the volunteer opportunities page!