Couldn’t make it to New Student Orientation? Don’t worry – we have you covered. Here are some things you can do to make the most of your time here at Langara.
1. Visit Student Links for:
- a list of must do's for new students
- pro-tips that will make your life easier
- a full list of student services that are available to you
2. Watch Langara’s Student Services videos to learn about resources on campus.
3. Complete your Langara Student Success Course to receive prizes.
Starting college is a big step. The Langara Student Success Course prepares you for academic life at Langara and introduces you to key supports available on campus that will help you with your studies. This free course is available for you in your myLangara Brightspace account. All new students who complete their Langara Student Success Course with a 65% or higher can pick up a $50 Bookstore gift card from The Hub.
By the end of the course, you will:
- know what to expect in a college classroom
- have the tools to be successful in your studies
- have strategies to study effectively
- have new organizational and time management skills
4. Get social.
We share a lot of good updates on social media including deadline reminders, campus closures, free events, giveaways, and more. Follow @LangaraCollege on social to stay updated.
5. Come and say hi.
Drop by the Office for Student Engagement located in The Hub (A140) if you need help during your first few days. The Engagement Kiosk located in the A Building Main Foyer is also a great place to go with questions.