The Langara Learning Commons, both virtual and physical, support teaching and learning by providing integrated student and faculty services such as peer tutoring, writing, and subject research assistance. It aims to provide a dynamic and supportive environment where students and faculty can work collaboratively to create and discover knowledge outside the classroom.
Services for the Learning Commons are provided by a partnership of academic departments, the Counselling department, Accessibility Services, the Library, and the Writing Centre.
Learning Commons Advisory Committee
Established to advise and consult regarding strategic directions in the creation and operations of the Learning Commons, the Committee is comprised of representatives from academic departments, student support services, administration and students. The chair of the Committee is Patricia Cia, Director, Academic Innovation (E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 604.323.5243).
- See the Library Annual Reports
Coordinator - Learning Commons
- Joyce Wong (E: email@example.com T: 604.323.5047)
Coordinator - Writing Centre
- Tess MacMillan Fall and Spring Term (E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 604.323.5391)
- Simon Casey Summer Term (E: email@example.com T: 604.323.5507)
Department Chair - Counselling
- Tim Charters interim (E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 604.323.5284)
Accessibility Services - Manager
- Suzanne Munson (E: email@example.com T: 604.323.5998)
Academic Subject Tutoring - Coordinators
- See individual Academic Subject Tutoring Page for name and contact info