To access disability services, please review Langara College’s Services for Students with Disabilities Policy (E1005) and complete the following:
- Apply online to Langara College or in-person at Registrar and Enrolment Services
- Book an initial intake appointment (preferably at least three (3) months in advance of the semester start)
- Provide appropriate medical documentation
- Schedule diagnostic tests (LET, MDT) with Disability Services, if applicable and approved for exam accommodations
- Register for courses
Request accommodations each semester
When requesting approved accommodations each semester, students must:
- Fill out and submit the Request for Accommodations Form by the posted deadline (usually the first Friday of the semester). The Request deadline for the Spring 2018 semester is 4:00pm on Friday, January 5th.
- In person: B146
- By fax: 604-323-5055
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pick up Accommodation Letters by the posted deadline (usually the second Friday of the semester). The Letter pick up deadline for the Spring 2018 semester is 3:30pm on Friday, January 12th.
- Provide Accommodation Letters to instructors immediately and discuss your accommodation needs.
To receive approved exam accommodations, students must book midterms and final exams according to the following Disability Services procedures and deadlines:
Midterms & Regular Exams
- Request for midterm and regular examinations must be received by an Accommodation Assistant at least one week prior to the scheduled exam. Bookings may be made in person, by phone, or by email during our regular office hours. Please contact an Accommodation Assistant.
- Students must remind instructors of exams booked in Disability Services so the instructor can deliver the exam at the appropriate time.
- Exams are scheduled at the same time as the class, unless the exam occurs outside of Disability Services' operating hours.
- Final Exam forms must be picked up from Disability Services. Final Exam forms are produced approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks prior to the Final Exam period. Final Exam Request Forms for the Fall 2017 semester are ready for pick up.
- Final Exam forms must be delivered to each instructor for their signature and returned to an Accommodation Assistant in Disability Services by the posted deadline. The deadline is usually two weeks prior to the start of the Final Exam period. Deadlines are posted in Disability Services reception (B146) and on the bulletin board in the hallway outside the Disability Services office. The deadline to return Final Exam Request Forms for the Fall 2017 semester is Friday, November 10th at 4:00pm.
- Final Exam Entrance Forms for the Fall 2017 semester are ready for pick up in B146.
Important Examination Reminders
- Failure to adhere to correct time frames could result in writing the exam in class, without accommodations.
- Students must arrive to their scheduled exam on time. If students arrive late, they forfeit the time missed and no additional time will be added to the scheduled exam time.