Are you currently on Academic Suspension?
It can be very upsetting to be placed on academic suspension, we encourage you to view this experience as an opportunity to develop new approaches to your studies, which will help you be more successful in the future. Langara College has an Academic Standing policy that governs how your academic performance is assessed. You can access detailed information about the academic standing policy from Registration & Records here: https://langara.ca/registration-and-records/resources/academic-standing-reregistration.html
If this is your first time on academic suspension at Langara College, you are not permitted to register for three consecutive semesters. However, you may be eligible to appeal for early readmission if you choose to successfully complete Langara’s Return to Learning (LRTL) course option. Under this new option, early readmission is not guaranteed, and you will still be required to sit-out for a minimum of one semester while you complete the LRTL course.
Note: If this is not your first time on academic suspension, you are not eligible to appeal for early readmission based on the LRTL course option.
Langara Return to Learning Course (LRTL):
There are three steps to completing the LRTL course option for early readmission:
*Note -You must present photo ID to attend a session. International Education is offering additional sessions for international students. Check the IE webpage for the schedule.
1. Attend a LRTL session (there will also be additional information available for International Students at this session).
2. Log into Brightspace, after Sept. 16th and begin the course. You must achieve 75% on each module quiz in the course, in order to successfully complete the course.
3. Attach your ‘completion badge’ (download from Brightspace, showing you have achieved the required score of 75%), and attach to the Appeal for Early Readmission Form and submit to the Registrar’s Office by Oct. 18th, for maximum course availability before registration.
Attend an Information Session:
Monday, September 9th 2:30 – 3:30 Room C408
Thursday, September 12th 3:30 – 4:30 Room C408
- Domestic students will receive an email from Registrar and Enrolment Services about the Information Sessions
- International students must attend one of the mandatory information sessions delivered by International Education
Completing this course is not mandatory, but is required if students wish to appeal for early readmission. Early readmission is granted to students who successfully complete the LTRL course with a minimum grade of 75%. Although students have until the end of the Summer semester to complete the course and submit an appeal, they are strongly encouraged to complete the course by October 18th if they wish to return to their studies in the Spring 2020 semester.
We hope that you will take some time to reflect on the issues that led to your suspension and develop solutions moving forward. We encourage you to seek support and advice from the many Student Services that Langara has available to help you get back on track.
The Counselling Department offers a comprehensive range of Student Success Workshops. These workshops are open to currently registered students AND suspended students. While attending student success workshops is not a required part of the new LRTL course option for early readmission, you may find these workshops helpful as part of your preparation for returning to studies.
For information about academic standing and suspension see this link.