Admissions Check List
- Submit an application for admission to the College as early as possible. We start taking applications 11 months prior to the start of a semester. Registration priority for Arts & Science/University-transfer is based on date of application.
- Arrange for and submit a band sponsorship application. An accompanying letter outlining educational/career goals is recommended.
- Forward Langara's Letter of Acceptance to your Band immediately upon receipt.
- Make arrangements to write the Langara English Test (LET) by submitting a LET registration form and $45.00 to the Langara College Continuing Studies Department. Students can also write the Language Proficiency Index (LPI) instead of the LET. Arrangements for sitting this exam must be made at the LPI office at UBC or online. The fee for the LPI is $109.00 plus tax.
- If applicable, make arrangements to write other diagnostic tests such as Math, Chemistry, or Physics. If you are unsure about whether or not you need these tests, contact the Aboriginal Liaison Counsellor, Stefanie Thomas, to discuss your academic plans. You can do this by calling 604.323.5221.
- Arrange to have Band/Tribal Council mail or fax your sponsorship letter to the Student Accounts Department, Langara College, 100 West 49 Ave., Vancouver, BC, V5Y 2Z6, fax number 604.323.5555.
- Acquire the "Band Post Secondary Education Policy" from your Band office in order to ensure that you know your responsibilities.
Every semester, it is your responsibility to:
- Ensure that your sponsorship letter for the upcoming semester is on file with the Langara College Student Accounts Department, Room B207.
- After registration, send course registration confirmation to your band. You can print a copy of your course registration from your myLangara account.
- At the end of every semester, send your transcript to your band.
Note: This is only a guide. Each Band or Tribal Council has different policies and guidelines.