Congratulations on becoming a Langara student! View the Student Links quick guide to services and opportunities available on campus.
Use this checklist to ensure your start at Langara goes smoothly.
Get prepared for classes by taking part in this fun and informative event. Enjoy a FREE BBQ, music, and entertainment and take the opportunity to:
- Learn more about life as a Langara student
- Get info on student services and resources
- Meet other new students
- Go on a guided campus tour
TIP: In order to attend this event, you must register online. Make sure you register early as space is limited.
Parents and family play an important role in student success. Parent and Supporter Orientation is hosted once a year, prior to the start of the fall semester. Have them join us for an information-packed event to hear from instructors and current students, tour the campus, and ease their minds.
For upcoming important dates, such as payment and class withdrawal deadlines, final exam period, etc.
Don’t get dropped from your courses. Make sure you pay all of your fees before the published semester deadline. Refer to fee payment deadlines.
TIP: If you’re being funded, you may be eligible for a fee deferral:
- Students who have been approved for BC/Canada Student Loans before the tuition due date will receive an automatic deferral
- Students with out-of-province government loans will be granted fee deferrals if they bring in written documentation of the approval before the tuition due date
- Students who have been approved for sponsorship funding are eligible for fee deferrals through Student Accounts
Your Langara Photo ID card is your passport to Langara. It allows you to:
- Access your U-Pass BC card (bus pass)
- Take advantage of student discounts around town
- Access the Langara Library
Photo IDs are issued by A/V Distribution in room C265 (southwest corner on the 2nd floor of the C building). Replacement Langara Photo ID cards are available at a cost of $10. Check the Photo ID website for more information.
TIP: Before you get your Student ID card, make sure you:
- Are currently enrolled in classes
- Pay all of your student fees
- Know your Langara ID number
- Bring one piece of photo ID
- Update your contact info on myLangara
U-Pass BC is a student transit pass program that gives eligible students 3-zone unlimited access to TransLink Bus, SkyTrain, and SeaBus services, as well as discounts on the West Coast Express.
Students can use their monthly U-Pass BC by loading it onto a Compass Card for quick and easy travel. Simply use your existing Compass Card or obtain one from TransLink FareDealer locations and log into the U-Pass BC Compass website to activate your pass. Once activated, you will be able tap in and tap out of transit with your Compass Card for travel in that month. On or after the 16th of every month, simply go back onto the website and request activation for the following month.
TIP: Before you load and use your U-Pass BC Compass card ensure you:
- Are enrolled in courses eligible for U-Pass BC
- Have paid all of your student fees
- Have been issued a Student ID card
Approximately six weeks prior to the beginning of the semester, myLangara will automatically generate a list of course materials your instructors have chosen for your classes. Login to myLangara, visit the myCourses tab, and go to the Find My Textbooks Tool. You will have the option to purchase online and have your materials delivered to your, or pre-packed for pickup on campus.
Visit the Bookstore’s shopping site, myCampus store for:
- Textbooks as required for class
- Reference books
- Langara Spirit Gear and gifts
- Access codes
- Student swap (used books classifieds)
- Apple Education Pricing
Visit the Langara Bookstore for stationary supplies, your U-Pass BC, and all your Langara course materials needs.
TIP: Avoid line-ups by purchasing your materials online or by bringing the printable list into the Bookstore the week before the semester starts. At the end of the semester, sell your books back for cash at Buy Back.
If you have studied at a recognized post-secondary institution, completed an International Baccalaureate Diploma, or passed Advanced Placement exams, you may be eligible for college credit at Langara.
For information on which courses may be transferrable, visit the BC Transfer Guide.
TIP: Transfer credits are not automatically granted, so make sure you get the credit you deserve by filling out a Transfer Credit Request Form and submitting it to Registrar and Enrolment Services.
Make sure your contact information on myLangara is up-to-date and check your Langara email frequently. The College uses myLangara to communicate with the Langara community, especially in case of emergencies (such as snow closures).
TIP: Update your contact information before you get your U-Pass BC and Student ID cards.