Aug 19, 2020
The Library's study spaces and access to the physical collection are closed. To request on-campus pick up for print books and DVDs, please complete the online form.
The Library has closed all study spaces and transitioned to an alternative model of service delivery since March 18, 2020. As the College transitions to online instruction & learning, the Library is taking precautions to ensure the health and safety of staff and students. Please continue to keep an eye on the Library's website and the College's COVID-19 page for any additional changes that may be announced.
Changes to Borrowing Policies
Regular late fees apply to items checked out after May 4, 2020; however, we recognize that this is a challenging time and returning items might be difficult. If you are unable to return your items, you can continue to renew them online or by contacting us. Books taken out before May 4th can be renewed online or returned without any late fees. If you cannot return the item(s) due to personal circumstances, please contact Borrower Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 604-323-5462. We will work with you to make alternate arrangements. To return books, there is a Book Return slot open 24/7 outside on the Southwest entrance of the L building. You do not have to come inside to the Library.
Access to online textbooks through RedShelf expired May 25. If you are not able to purchase your textbook through the Langara Bookstore you can request print textbooks for pickup at the Library using the online book request form. Please check the library catalogue for your textbook before requesting pickup as we don't have all textbooks available at the Library.
If you have requested books, DVDs, print journals, or reserve materials using the online request form, you can pick them up at the Check Out Desk during the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Return all library materials to the Book Return slot (open 24/7) located at the south entrance of the L Building. If you have questions, email email@example.com
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL) is no longer available for physical items. ILL for digital items remains available.
- Library databases, e-book collections, and streaming video collections can be accessed remotely using your Langara ID and password
Changes to Services
- Research help is available online via Email. The AskAway service is closed Aug 15-Sept 7, re-opoening Sept 8, 2020.
- The Writing Centre's physical space is now closed for the summer. Writing help is available online via WriteAway. Visit the Writing Centre website for more information.
- Subject tutoring is available online. Check the Subject Tutoring website for details and schedule.
Changes to Library Facilities
- All Library study spaces are closed as of March 18, 2020.
- Reduced Intersession hours for the L building (1st floor only, non-Library space), effective Aug. 20: M-F 8am-5pm and closed weekends. Only L103 computer lab is available during this time.
- There is a colour and black & white printer in the L Building between the L103 & L104 computer labs. There is a MAC printer in the A Building MAC Lab - A110.
- Keep an eye on the College's COVID-19 page for updates on non-Library campus spaces, including computer labs.
Changes to Library Staffing
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, a reduced number of library staff will be on site during the following times:
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm