Apr 3, 2020
As the College transitions to online instruction & learning, the Library is taking precautions to ensure the health and safety of staff and students. Please continue to keep an eye on the Library's website and the College's COVID-19 page for any additional changes that may be announced.
As of March 18, 2020, the Library is closing all study spaces and transitioning to an alternative model of service delivery.
Changes to Borrowing Policies
For the remainder of this term some course textbooks may be freely available through either RedShelf or VitalSource. You can search either of these sites using your textbook title and author. We have also added links to many course reserve textbooks on the library website, so it may be easiest to start by searching Course Readings. See the Online Textbooks using RedShelf and VitalSource guide for more information and detailed instructions. If you have been borrowing course reserve textbooks from the library please find and access them through these sites if possible instead of coming to campus. We will continue to take online book requests for in-person pick up but are trying to discourage students from coming to campus at this time.
If you have requested books, DVDs, or print journals using the online request form, you can pick them up at the Check Out Desk during the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Return non-Reserve materials to the drop box located at the south entrance of the L Building and Reserve items to the Check Out Desk If you have questions, email email@example.com
- The Library is suspending fines on regular (non-reserve) items until further notice. If you are returning these items to the Library, please use the book drop located outside of the south entrance of the L Building.
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL) is no longer available for physical items. ILL for digital items remains available.
- Library databases, e-book collections, and streaming video collections can be accessed remotely using your Langara ID and password
Changes to Services
- Research help is available online via AskAway during the following hours:
- Monday to Thursday: 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- The Writing Centre's physical space is closed for the semester. Students can schedule one-on-one online writing consultations with Writing Centre tutors. Writing help is also available online via WriteAway. Visit the Writing Centre website for more information.
- Computer Science, Economics, and Psychology tutoring is available online. All other subject tutoring is canceled for the semester.
Changes to Library Facilities
- All Library study spaces are closed as of March 18, 2020.
- The L building (non-Library space) is open M-F 7am-10pm and weekends 7am-5pm and access to L103 & L104 computer labs are available during that time.
- There is a printer in in the L Building corridor between the L103 & L104 computer labs, and in the A Building MAC Lab - A110. There is currently no charge for printing.
- Keep an eye on the College's COVID-19 page for updates on non-Library campus spaces, including computer labs.
Changes to Library Staffing
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, a reduced number of library staff will be on site during the following times:
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm