Mar 13, 2020
Are there currently any changes to Library hours and services?
Currently there are no changes to Library hours and services. The Research Help Desk and Writing & Tutoring Centre are both operating as usual. Be sure to check the Langara College’s COVID-19 Update webpage for the latest on any changes to campus facilities and services. As the Library & Learning Commons is a common area that involves close contact with students and staff, as well as the sharing of workspaces, books & equipment, we urge all visitors to the Library to practice good hygiene before, after, and during your visit to the Library:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- If a sink is not available, hand sanitizer can be used to clean hands if they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, you can use an alcohol-based disposable hand wipe to remove the dirt and then use hand sanitizer.
- Don't touch your face/eyes/mouth with unwashed hands.
- When you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the crease of your elbow, and then wash your hands.
- Stay home when you are ill.
Students wishing to disinfect their workstations can ask for disinfectant wipes from the Research Help Desk (while supplies last).
If I am unable to make it to campus, are there any services or resources I can access from home?
The Library offers many online services and resources:
- Research Help is available through the AskAway chat portal. You can also call the Library’s Research Help Desk (604-323-5388) and Borrower Services Desk (604-323-5462) for assistance. E-mail your questions to email@example.com
- Writing help is available through the WriteAway website
- Library databases, e-book collections, and streaming video collections can be accessed remotely using your Langara ID and password
- For specific research projects, you may also contact your subject librarian directly, though response times may vary.
If classes are disrupted (e.g., moved online), will the Library remain open?
If the College decides that it is in the best interest of students and staff to suspend in-person classes, the Library will determine its status at that time.
If the Library were to close, do I need to return any items I have checked out?
If the Library is closed, you are not expected to return any items you have borrowed until the Library re-opens. Late fines will not accumulate while the Library is closed.
Do you have any additional questions? Don't hesitate to reach out and contact us.