Nov 23, 2018
Library FOOD FOR FINES Campaign
From Monday December 3rd to Friday the 7th the Library is running a Food for Fines campaign to collect items for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB). For each non-perishable, unexpired food item donated, the library will waive $2 from your fine, up to a maximum of $30. No fines? No problem! You can still make a donation.
Visit the check-out desk if you have questions about fines and to drop off donations.
- Only applicable to overdue fines for regular circulating books
- Does not apply to late fees for Reserves or media items, or fees for lost or damaged items
- Ramen noodles will be accepted at $2.00 for every two packs
- Canned stew or chilli
- Canned beans and peas
- Peanut butter
- Brown rice, barley, oats, couscous
- Dry pasta
- Canned fruit and vegetables
- Canned fish and meat
Items must be in a sealed package (no bulk foods).