Nov 22, 2018
De-Stress Fest is back and we have many exciting or relaxing events happening to keep your brain sharp and your stress levels low during the upcoming exam period. For details of events on campus, see the full De-Stress Fest schedule here.
Here's what we have planned for the Library:
We’re staying open longer to help you through the stressful times! From November 24 – December 7, our hours are:
- Monday-Thursday: 8am-10pm
- Friday: 8am-7pm
- Saturday-Sunday: 11am-7pm
RMT Student Massages
- Feeling tense after sitting at a desk studying for hours on end? Students from Langara’s Registered Massage Therapy Program will be providing FREE 10-minute neck and shoulder "De-Stress" relaxation massages in the Library on Monday, December 3rd, from 1:30pm - 4:00pm.
Library Living Room
- Take a study break without even leaving the Library and make yourself at home! On Wednesday, November 28th from 3:00pm - 5:00pm join us in L216 for board games, puzzles, video games, and snacks! Come play a game or just hang out and unwind for a while.
- Need to recharge? Grab a free coffee and snack to give you that extra energy boost you need to get through exams. The stations will start at the following times in the library lobby and will run as long as supplies last!
- Tuesday, November 27 (10am)
- Friday, November 30 (1 pm)
- Monday, December 3 (10 am)
- Thursday, December 6 (1 pm)
Colour your Stress Away
- Throughout the entire exam period, we will have lots of colouring sheets and pencil crayons available for students, staff, and faculty to take a break from their work and create a mini-masterpiece!
Still stressed? Don’t worry—we are here to help!
- Need last-minute help with research or assignments? Ask a friendly librarian.
- Get help with your citations.
- Need research or citing help, but can’t make it into the Library? Chat with a real live librarian.
- Get help from the Writing Centre or an academic peer tutor.
- Reserve group study space and smart tables online.