Langara is proud to dedicate resources towards student support. As leaders, it is important to be familiar with the variety of supports that are available to students; our experts can offer confidential assistance that you and your staff may not be qualified to handle on your own. From accommodations to personal stress to career planning, we have our students covered. Please note that student services are confidential, and departments may be unable to share information with you about student patients without appropriate authorization.
Indigenous Education and Services
Langara College sits on the unceded traditional territory of the Musqueam Nation. In the spirit of honouring the close relationship between Langara and the Musqueam people, the College was bestowed with a Musqueam name meaning 'house of teachings' at a formal ceremony on January 11, 2016.
Langara implemented the first formal Aboriginal Education Policy in the province in effort to increase the representation, success rates, and retention of Aboriginal students. In alignment with this strategy, the College offers a number of specialized programming and supports for Aboriginal students, including:
- The Gathering Space - a unique, supportive environment for Aborginal students
- UBC-Langara Aboriginal Transfer Program
- College orientation
- Dedicated Aboriginal Liaison Counsellor
- Post-secondary funding support and advocacy
- Transition support into Langara and onto other post-secondary institutions
- Aboriginal Elder protocol for Elder participation in classes or College events
For more information about the services offered, please visit the Indigenouse Education and Services website.
Our Counselling Department is comprised of Student Service Assistants and Counsellors who provide an array of services to our students, including:
- Academic advising
- University planning
- Career planning and exploration
- Personal and crisis counselling
- Student success workshops and information sessions
- Off-campus referrals
Accessibility Services works with students on a case-by-case basis to arrange appropriate support services and academic accommodations. Instructors may need to reach out to this Department for assistance with facilitating classroom and exam accommodations. To learn more about the services offered below, please visit the Accessibility Services website:
- Facilitate access for admissable students
- Review medical documentation to determine appropriate services and accommodation
- Provide referrals to College and community resources
- Provide access to the Learning Technology Lab
You can also access their Instructor's Guide to Supporting Students with Disabilities on myLangara:
click on the College Forms tab
click on College Services & Resources
click on Resources
We are privileged to have a number of healthcare professionals onsite to offer medical and psychiatric care to students. The Health Services website provides details on the Department personnel, services, and health resources available.
For information relating to Financial Aid services, please visit the Registration and Enrolment section.
To learn about student services available through the Library, please visit the Library and Learning Commons section.