We Are Here to Help You
TCDC and Ed Tech have compiled resources to help you continue teaching remotely. We are here to help you and have created a resource page on MyLangara (Employees). After reviewing the resources, if you have questions, we are here to help!
We are here to help virtually for now. (updated August 2020)
The Teaching and Curriculum Development Centre (TCDC) supports growth and innovation in teaching practices and excellence in the design, development, and renewal of curriculum at Langara. We provide teaching and curriculum design resources, webinars, workshops, and networking opportunities.
Connect with us if you would like to:
- advance your knowledge of teaching and learning
- enhance your teaching skills
- improve your course design and delivery skills
- discuss academic excellence related to educational initiatives and college priorities
- explore inclusive learner-centred teaching design
- learn what it means to Indigenize your curriculum and teaching practice
- develop or renew program or course curriculum
- develop or renew learning outcomes
- develop an ongoing curricular assessment plan for your program or courses
- increase your knowledge of current research and effective practices in teaching and learning in higher education
- learn more about the Langara Student Success Course (LSSC)
The Teaching and Curriculum Development Centre is located on the 2nd floor of C Building. During COVID-19, email preferred at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take advantage of the resources available. Connect with us and start a conversation.
TCDC team strives to support growth in teaching practices and excellence in the design, development, refinement, and renewal of curriculum at Langara College.
Curriculum Consultants are responsible for supporting faculty on curriculum renewal projects; assisting with the research, design, development and evaluation of new college courses and programs; and collaborating on the development of curriculum development policies and procedures.
- Curriculum Resources - resources on outcomes-based teaching and learning, developing learning outcomes, writing course calendar descriptions, and curriculum map
Educational Developer is responsible for identifying needs; making available events and resources related to learning about pedagogy and course design; and promoting quality professional development for faculty and instructional staff.
LSSC Instructor works on Langara's initiative to increase academic success for all students.
Educational Development Facilitators facilitate discussions of academic excellence related to college priorities, administer student surveys/focus groups, and work collaboratively with academic and support units across the college.
Contact TCDCto learn more, explore opportunities to contribute to the knowledge-base, or schedule a consultation.