Langara’s academic mandate is guided by the Interim Vice-President, Academic, Margaret Heldman. She works closely with the academic deans, division chairs, department chairs, program coordinators, faculty, and staff, and provides leadership for Academic Innovation.
There are five academic dean positions:
- Julie Longo, Dean, Faculty of Arts
- Susan Kelsall, Dean, Faculty of Management
- Ann Syme, Dean, Faculty of Nursing
- Gerda Krause, Dean, Faculty of Science
- Elizabeth Barbeau, Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences and Community Programs
There are eight division chair positions:
- Darren Bernaerdt, Creative Arts and Industries
- Tess MacMillan, Humanities
- Marianne Gianacopoulos, Management Programs
- Wanda Pierson, Nursing
- Robin Macqueen, Applied Sciences
- Nora Franzova, Mathematics & Sciences
- Jim Bowers, Community Programs
- Sandra Enns, Social Sciences
Please refer to the WorkDay Directory which contains contact information for all faculty and staff at the College.
Library Services and Learning Commons
- Deborah (Debbie) Schachter, Director
Academic Plan (2014-2019) - new plan t.b.d. Summer 2021
Langara’s Academic Plan provides a roadmap that will lead us toward academic success. It reflects our values as one of BC’s leading undergraduate institutions and presents a set of carefully considered goals that will guide the development of learning experiences at the College.
The current Academic Plan encompasses five priorities:
- Learning and Teaching
- Student Support
- Aboriginal Initiatives
- International Initiatives
- Environmental, Financial, and Social Sustainability
Each priority is led by an Academic Plan Action Group (APAG), which is comprised of a chair and members from various faculties, departments, programs, and services. The work of each APAG is guided and supported by the Academic Plan Advisory Committee (APAC).
- The College is currently in the process of updating its Academic Plan for the next five years.