Langara PLUS features different categories of activities offered through Langara College.
Here is a sample of activities we offer:
International Education Social and Cultural Activities
- Welcome i-Café – Meet students, learn about different cultures, play games, and enjoy free coffee and cookies
- Cultural celebrations – Learn about different cultures and meet people from around the world (Diwali, Lunar New Year, Nowruz, etc.)
- i-Eat – Try food from different parts of the world at local restaurants and meet other students
- Canadian dinners – Meet a Canadian family and enjoy a holiday dinner at their home with other international students
- Drop-in sports (eg: Badminton, Basketball, Soccer) – Join other students in a variety of sports at the Langara gym (must have proof of attendance)
- Langara Falcons game – Cheer on the Langara Falcons as they compete against other colleges (must have proof of attendance)
- i-Go activities (eg: Skating, Bowling, Aquarium, Indoor rock-climbing, hiking) – Meet other students as you venture out and participate in some fun activities around Vancouver
- BC Medical Service Plan - information on how to apply for BC Medical Insurance and private interim health insurance
- Co-op work permit - how to set up a CIC account, eligibility requirements, etc.
- Study permit - how to extend your study permit, other important information on study permit expiry or refusal
- Fraud Awareness - information on how to protect yourself from scams and fraud
- Post Grad Work permit - information on how, when, where to apply for PGWP
- Co-op and Career Development Workshops
- and more!
Counselling Study Skills Workshops (open to UT and Career program participants only/ LEAP level 5 or more)
- Time Management – Learn tips on managing your time for the semester and how to budget time for classes, studying and leisure activities
- Stress Management – Learn about the factors that cause stress, and about how you can reduce and manage the stress in your life
- Note-Taking – Learn a variety of strategies for taking good notes
- Final Exams & Test-taking – Learn how to deal with stress and exam anxiety and well as specific techniques for taking tests
- and more!
LEAP Study Skills and Success Workshops - Learn special study skills to help you be successful in your LEAP classes
(open to all LEAP students)
- Going to the Bank
- Intercultural Teams
- Communication Strategies
- Talking About Problems
- Hanging Out
- and more!
All workshops and events need to be recorded in your Langara PLUS passport. You collect points for each activity/workshop you attend. If you have any questions, please see the International Education front desk.