The Langara College Homestay program has been placing international students with Canadian host families for over 30 years. Our staff is experienced, professional, and committed to providing excellent service to our students as well as our families.
What is a homestay student?
The students who join the Langara Homestay Program are studying at Langara College or within the Vancouver or Burnaby School Districts. They are international students who want to live in a family atmosphere while they study here, to enhance their educational and cultural experience in Vancouver. They are provided with:
- A private furnished bedroom
- Three meals each day
- The use of standard household appliances (washer, dryer, television, vacuum cleaner, etc.)
Students in the Langara Homestay Program are also welcomed to join in activities and excursions with their host families and encouraged to practise their English and learn about Canadian culture.
Thinking about becoming a Langara Homestay student?
As a homestay student, you will:
- Be provided with information about your host family prior to arrival
- Receive pre-arrival information to help prepare you for your homestay experience
- Attend a homestay orientation meeting after arrival
- Have access to on-going advice and support from Homestay staff
- Have a 24 hour emergency contact number
While homestay can be a challenging experience as students struggle to understand a new culture, language, and adjust to a new family, we will do our best to help you adapt to your Canadian home. If problems do arise, our staff will provide counselling and support to help you resolve the issue. In most cases, problems can be solved through open communication and discussion between students and their host families.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our Homestay Program. We look forward to meeting you!
Langara Homestay Program
Room A117, A Building, Main Campus, Langara College
100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
604.323.5696 | firstname.lastname@example.org