The Langara Homestay Program gives international students the chance to live with Canadian families while they complete their education, and gives host families the unique opportunity to welcome new people and cultures into their homes. The program has placed tens of thousands of students over the past three decades, enriching the lives of both students and families across the Lower Mainland.
Many students in our homestay program are studying at Langara College, but we also serve international high school students from the Vancouver and Burnaby School Districts as well as student groups from other programs. They come from all over the world to study in the Lower Mainland, and usually stay for anywhere between two weeks and ten months depending on their program of study. While living in Homestay, students are:
- Provided with a furnished, private bedroom
- Given three meals per day
- Given use of household appliances (washer, dryer, vacuum cleaner, iron, etc.)
- Welcomed to join in family activities and excursions
- Encouraged to practise English with their families and to learn about Canadian culture
Langara Homestay students are encouraged to feel like part of their host families, and many develop relationships that last for years.
Host families provide accomodation for their students as well as adding to their Canadian experience. Langara's host families are chosen because of their commitment to involving students in family life and their interest in learning about other cultures. By becoming a host family with Langara you can:
- Give a student a chance to learn about Canadian culture
- Choose between short-term and long-term programs
- Host high school or post-secondary students
- Develop life-long friendships with individuals from around the world
Families are supported by the experienced team at Langara who provide comprehensive orientation and assistance throughout the homestay period, and are compensated for hosting their students. If you're interested in becoming a Langara Homestay family, please get in touch with us today for an application.
The Homestay Office
The Langara Homestay Office provides families with orientation and ongoing support throughout the homestay period and our Homestay Coordinators are always available to assist families and students in the event of any difficulties. Get in touch today to learn more about the program.
Langara Homestay Program
Room A117, A Building, Main Campus, Langara College
100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
604.323.5696 | email@example.com