Choosing to study in a different country is a big decision. Representatives from Langara College travel to cities around the world to answer questions from future students. Visit the Langara Gateway website for a schedule of upcoming events and virtual information sessions.
Step 1: Application
- Meet Langara’s minimum admission requirements:
- Successful completion of 12 years of formal education (equivalent to BC Grade 12) or successful completion of at least one full academic year (minimum 24 credits) from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements
- Meet program requirements
- Prepare documents to submit with your application. See Documents Required for Application Evaluation for more information. All scanned documents must be:
- Submitted as a PDF with no password protection or lock
- A full colour scan of the original document (not photocopy) with both front and back of every page (even if blank)
- Legible, fit to page, with no details, borders, or information cut off
- Translated if the original documents are not in English. An official word-per-word English translation must accompany each original document and a scan of the original document is also required.
- Submit an application and pay the $155 CDN application fee. There are two ways to submit an application:
Applications to full-time programs in Continuing Studies, including LEAP, can only be submitted with a paper application.
Note: once you submit your online application, you will not be able to return to add your supporting documents. If you need to send documents after submitting your application, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original documents may be requested at any time. Students who fail to provide official documents when requested may have their application cancelled, and/or be blocked from registration.
Step 2: Offer of Admission
After your application is received and all documents have been approved, Langara will send you an Offer of Admission by email.
Upon receipt of the Offer of Admission, please submit payment of the tuition deposit. The International Student Deposit for university studies and career programs is $6,000 CDN (which includes a non-refundable, non-transferable Commitment Fee of $1,500 CDN). The International Student Deposit will be applied to tuition fees in the first semester. LEAP program requires payment for the first two sessions.
Once Langara has received the deposit, you will be sent an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA) by email.
Step 3: Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
Step 4: Prepare for Arrival
Visit the Accepted Students section of this website to prepare for life at Langara College and in Vancouver.