Choosing to study in a different country is a big decision. Representatives from Langara College travel to cities around the world to answer questions from future students. Visit the Langara Gateway website for a schedule of upcoming events and virtual information sessions.
Step 1: Application
- Meet Langara’s minimum admission requirements:
- Successful completion of 12 years of formal education (equivalent to BC Grade 12) or successful completion of at least one full academic year (minimum 24 credits) from a recognized post-secondary institution
- English Language Proficiency
- Meet program requirements.
- Submit an online application and pay the $155 CDN application fee. Langara continues to accept paper applications forms. Processing time is faster with online applications.
- Email education documents from secondary and/or post-secondary institutions to email@example.com. Include certified English translations if necessary. See Documents Required for Application Evaluation for more information.
- Submit proof of English language proficiency
To expedite the application process, applicants may submit electronic scans of original and offical educational documents for preliminary assessment. All scanned documents must be:
- Submitted as a PDF with no password protection or lock
- A full colour scan of the original document
- Both front and back side of every page (even if blank)
- Fit to page, with no details, borders, or information cut off
- Legible - the document must be clear with no information smudged
- The original document, do not scan photocopies
If the original documents are not issued in English, an official word-per-word English translation of each document must accompany the original documents.
Original documents may be requested at any time. Students who fail to provide official documents when requested may have their application cancelled, and/or be blocked from registration.
Step 2: Offer of Admission
After your application is received and all documents have been approved, Langara will send you an Offer of Admission by email.
Upon receipt of the Offer of Admission, please submit payment of the tuition deposit. The International Student Deposit for university studies and career programs is $6,000 CDN (which includes a non-refundable, non-transferable Commitment Fee of $1,500 CDN). The International Student Deposit will be applied to tuition fees in the first semester. LEAP program requires payment for the first two sessions.
Once Langara has received the deposit, you will be sent an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA) by email.
Step 3: Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
Step 4: Prepare for Arrival
Visit the Accepted Students section of this website to prepare for life at Langara College and in Vancouver.