Step 1: Application
- Meet Langara’s minimum admission requirements:
- Successful completion of 12 years of formal education (equivalent to BC Grade 12) or successful completion of at least one full academic year (minimum 24 credits) from a recognized post-secondary institution
- English Language Proficiency
- Meet program requirements.
- Complete a paper application form or apply online
- Include education documents and include certified English translations if necessary. See Documents Required for Application Evaluation page for more information.
- Include proof of English language proficiency (varies by program)
- Include the $155 CDN non-refundable application fee (payable by Visa or Master Card for overseas students)
Send the application form and all documents to:
International Education Office
100 West 49th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V5Y 2Z6
To expedite the application process, students may submit electronic (scanned) copies of their application form and official documents for preliminary consideration. All scanned documents must be PDF format, in colour, show the entire page, and include both sides (front and back, even if blank) of all pages.
Original documents may be requested at any time. Students who fail to provide official documents as requested may have their application canceled or be blocked from registration.
Step 2: Offer of Admission
After your application is received and all documents have been approved, Langara will send you an Offer of Admission by email.
Upon receipt of the Offer of Admission, please submit payment of the tuition deposit. The International Student Deposit for university studies and career programs is $6,000 CDN (which includes a non-refundable, non-transferable Commitment Fee of $1,500 CDN). The International Student Deposit will be applied to tuition fees in the first semester. LEAP program requires payment for the first two sessions.
Once Langara has received the deposit, you will be sent an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA), by both email and regular mail.
Step 3: Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
Once you have received your LOA, apply for a Study Permit and Temporary Resident Visa at the nearest Canadian Embassy, Consulate, High Commission, or Visa Centre.
Carefully read all information provided to you by the College
Apply for 3 months of private medical insurance
Step 4: Prepare for Arrival
Visit the Accepted Students section of this website to prepare for life at Langara College and in Vancouver.