Please refer to the information regarding general requirements for Admission and Application to Langara College programs.
- Completion of BC Grade 12 or equivalent, or be 19 years of age.
- One of the following:
- Successful completion of English Studies 12 or equivalent (see note), OR
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or Communications course for which Langara College awards transfer credit, OR
- LET (Langara English Test) Level 2, OR
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) Level 4 with essay 24, OR
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 550 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher, OR
- TOEFL (Internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 18 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 18 in Speaking, and 20 in Writing, OR
- IELTS 6.5, OR
- CAEL 60 overall with essay 60, OR
- Successful Completion of LEAP Level 8, OR
- ELA (English Language Assessment) 145 offered by Vancouver Community College (VCC), OR
- Successful completion of VCC English 099
- Successful completion of at least four years of full-time studies in English in a country where English is the principal language.
- Applicants who have completed 24 credits or more of post-secondary study must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.33 or higher.
NOTE: Applicants who completed BC English 12 or Communications 12 prior to September 2019 may use these courses to satisfy this requirement.
NOTE: If you do not meet the English language proficiency requirements for admission to the university studies/open enrolment program, you may apply to the Langara English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) program. LEAP is a full-time, integrated, intensive English and academic skills program that prepares you for college and university study.