Admission Requirements for University Studies (University Transfer)
1 - Academic Requirements
Successful completion of BC Grade 12 or equivalent. See a listing of some acceptable international credentials.
2 - English Language Proficiency
English is the language of instruction at Langara College. You are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language prior to admission to post-secondary programs. You may demonstrate English language proficiency by one of the following:
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 550 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher, OR
- TOEFL (computer-based) with a total score of 213 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher, OR
- TOEFL (Internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 18 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 18 in Speaking, and 20 in Writing, OR
- IELTS 6.5, OR
- CAEL 60 overall with essay 60, OR
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) Level 4 with essay 24, OR
- LET (Langara English Test) Level 2, OR
- ELA (English Language Assessment) 145 offered by VCC (Vancouver Community College), OR
- Successful completion of LEAP Level 8 OR
- Successful completion of the Access Langara program, OR
- Successful completion of B.C. Grade 12 English or Communications or equivalent, OR
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or Communications course for which Langara College awards transfer credit, OR
- Successful completion of VCC English 099.
NOTE: If you do not meet the English language proficiency requirements for admission to the university studies/open enrolment program, you may apply to the Langara English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) program. LEAP is a full-time, integrated, intensive English and academic skills program that prepares you for college and university study.
Orientation and Course Planning
International students are required to attend the orientation and course planning sessions offered by the Counselling Department. Counsellors are available to help you with your educational, career, and personal concerns.
APPLICATIONS THAT ARE COMPLETE BUT ARE RECEIVED AFTER THE PUBLISHED DEADLINE WILL BE PROCESSED ON A SPACE-AVAILABLE BASIS.