International students in select programs are eligible for Co-operative Education to alternate study semesters with paid work terms.
Employers want to hire graduates with education and experience. Co-op is a proven educational model that allows you to combine your academic studies with curriculum-related, paid work experience to help you develop the skills you need to be successful in your future career.
If admitted to co-op, you are required to apply for a Co-op Work Permit through Immigration Canada and obtain a Social Insurance Number.

Visit the Co-op website to see how to qualify and what programs are eligible.
For more information about Co-op Work Permits for international students, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website