Students must meet the following requirements to be an i-Guide mentor:
- A current international student, on a study permit, registered at Langara in a regular studies or career program
- Be in good academic standing and have successfully completed at least one semesters at Langara
- Have an interest to learn about different cultures
- Have an ability to communicate in English with students who may not speak the same first language as you
- Make a commitment to spend some time helping a new international student adjust to Langara and Vancouver
i-Guide mentors will also agree to the program expectations of participation and abide by the program policies. i-Guide mentors must attend both the training and orientation workshop and the welcome social and reception. Dates for these events will be communicated in advance.
If you are ready to apply, please complete an i-Guide mentor application form.