During your stay in Canada, you may need to renew your passport, study permit or temporary resident visa (TRV).  Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that your immigration status is up-to-date and that you comply with immigration regulations and policies while you are in Canada.  Please refer to the Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada website for further information.

Before you can renew your temporary resident documents, you should ensure that your passport IS valid.  Your study permit needs to valid before you apply for a new TRV as well.  For information on how to start the process, click on the headings above.