The standard 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n Wi-Fi protocols are supported on Langara's wireless networks.
IT recommends eduroam and eduroam5GHz if you plan to do any confidential or sensitive data communications.
Who can use this service?
Anyone with a valid Computer User ID
How do I set up "Langara" wireless network on my mobile device?
- Connect to Langara network
- Open a web browser and enter your Computer User ID and password when prompted.
How do I set up "eduroam" and "eduroam5GHz" wireless network on my mobile device?
- Connect to Langara network (This step can be skipped if your device already has access to Internet)
- Open a web browser and go to the following website http://wifi.langara.bc.ca
- Login using your Langara Federated ID
- Follow the instructions to automatically configure Wifi network.
- At this time, Android devices (all versions) cannot be automatically configured; follow listed steps for manual configuration
- Android version 4.0.# has a bug that does not allow connections to "eduroam" or "eduroam5GHz", these devices can only use "Langara" network
- "eduroam5Ghz" provides faster connections. To see "eduroam5GHz" network, your mobile device must support 5Ghz connection.