Langara WiFi Networks:
- eduroam and eduroam5GHz, are encrypted wireless networks that uses the WPA2 security protocol.
- Langara, is an unsecured wireless network: communications are not encrypted.
Langara has wireless access in all buildings (except in stairwells). Access to wireless network requires a valid Computer User ID and password.
How to connect to WiFi (eduroam):
- Connect to the Langara network
- Open a web browser and go to wifi.langara.ca
- Enter your Computer User ID and password*
- Go to wifi.langara.ca again
- Follow instructions to setup eduroam/eduroam5Ghz
* You must activate your Computer User ID before you can connect to WiFi
- IT recommends eduroam and eduroam5GHz if you plan to do any confidential or sensitive data communications
- The standard 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n Wi-Fi protocols are supported on Langara's wireless networks.
- At this time, Android devices (all versions) cannot be automatically configured; follow listed steps for manual configuration
- Android version 4.0.# has a bug that does not allow connections to "eduroam" or "eduroam5GHz", these devices can only use "Langara" network
- "eduroam5Ghz" provides faster connections. To see "eduroam5GHz" network, your mobile device must support 5Ghz connection.