Mental Health is health
Access to mental health resources is not always easy but we are proud to be able to offer mental health support to our students through several avenues such as personal counselling, workshops, and external resources. Currently, students have access to an array of resources including external sources like
- Here2Talk: a confidential, free single-session counselling service by app, phone, or online chat, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- BounceBack: a free, community resource that can point you toward steps you can take to start feeling better.
- Foundry BC: Drop-in or schedule a virtual counselling appointment, find peer support, join one of the diverse youth or caregiver groups, or browse the library of tools and resources.
- Langara Community Cupboard provides one week’s worth of non-perishable food items per student per week.
Personal counselling is offered to all students but on a short-term basis. The service is to help with issues such as:
- Adjusting to college
- Managing anxiety and stress
- Dealing with relationships (personal or family)
- And more.
Despite the resources available, students need more onsite support. Our goal is to be able to offer more support to our students beyond short-term counselling. We want our students to thrive and be able to have the tools to cope with what they are going through.
Our students’ mental health is just as important as their physical health. We invite you to be part of a network of support. Donate now.