Read up on the latest tax information to stay informed and lighten your load during tax season.

Please note: Electronic T4's are available on myLangara.

Tax Slips and Deductions

Langara Payroll deducts taxes according to the legislative requirements provided by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). You can read the CRA's Calculating Deductions page to see what is considered "taxable."

When starting employment with Langara, you are required to submit Federal and Provincial Tax Credits Return forms. These forms act as your basic claim amount during your time as an employee with the College. If you would like to reduce or increase your tax rates, you will need to review and resubmit these forms each year. The forms are available under Employee Forms > Payroll Forms > TD1 and TD1BC. Note that Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Employment Insurance (EI) deductions are mandatory on employment earnings.

Each year, you are required to submit a Statement of Remuneration Paid (T4) as part of your income tax return. 

For more information on handling your tax returns, visit the CRA website.

Frequently Asked Questions 

T4s - Statement of Remuneration Paid

Parking as a Taxable Benefit


CRA Fairness Provisions Letter Template