Employees at Langara College are covered either by a collective agreement (Faculty and support staff) or by Terms and Conditions of Employment (administration). These documents outline the rights and responsibilities of employees and the College, as well as specific employment information. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view all documents on this page. Please visit College Policies site to view the latest institutional policies.
Economic Stability Mandate: Dividend Payout
As part of the 2014 Economic Stability Mandate, the BC government committed to introducing a shared benefit that activates an ongoing wage increase when GDP growth exceeds forecasts by the Economic Forecast Council (EFC). The wage increase is based on 50% of the positive difference between the EFC forecast and the data released by Statistics Canada. On Wednesday, November 8, Statistics Canada reported that the BC economy grew by 3.5% in 2016, exceeding the EFC forecast of 2.7%.
What does this mean? In accordance with our collective agreements, all unionized Langara employees will receive an increase of 0.4%. For LFA members, the wage rates will be increased by the 0.4% Economic Stability Dividend (ESD) effective February 1, 2018. For CUPE and BCNU members, the wage rates will be increased by the 0.4% ESD effective February 3, 2018.
Non-management employees are also covered by this mandate and will receive the same 0.4% increase on February 3, 2018. Click here to read the Ministry of Finance's full news release.
Contact your HR Consultant or Union representatives if you have any questions or require further clarification.
- LFA Collective Agreement (Term: April 1, 2014 - March 31, 2019) - updated August 2015
- LFA Collective Agreement: Summary of Amendments - updated October 2015
- LFA Salary Grid - updated February 2017
- LFA Stipend Grid - updated February 2017
- LFA Seniority List - updated May 2017
For more information, visit the LFA website.
- CUPE Local 15 Collective Agreement (Term: April 1, 2014 - March 31, 2019) - updated February 2016
- CUPE Local 15 Collective Agreement: Summary of Amendments (Term: April 1, 2014 - March 31, 2019)
- This document provides a high level summary; it does not account for all changes.
- CUPE Local 15 Salary Grid - updated February 2017
- CUPE Local 15 Seniority List - updated May 2017
For more information, visit the CUPE 15 website.