Areas of Interest
- Software/Web/Mobile Development
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Cloud Computing
- Data Management and Analytics
- PhD in computer vision from UBC in 2010.
- M.ASc in automatic speech recognition and speech analysis from UBC in 2002
- B.Sc in computer science from UBC in 1999.
- B.ASc in Electrical Engineering from Sharif University of Technology of Tehran in 1988.
Areas of Interest
- Three-dimensional object recognition and object classification
- Image analysis
- Machine learning
- Speech analysis and automatic speech recognition
- Mathematics - Ph.D in Mathematics (Geometry), Ruhr-Universität, Bochum, Germany, Summer 1974,
- Computer Science - M.Math in Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Fall 1983,
- Mathematics - M.Math in Pure Mathematics, University of Waterloo, Spring 1971,
- Mathematics - B.Math in Pure Mathematics, University of Waterloo, Spring 1970.
- Bachelor of Education – B.Ed, University of Ottawa, Spring 1991.
- Feb 1993 – March 1999
- Member of software design teams, Nortel Networks – TDMA Wireless radio, OC-12 and OC-192 Fiber Optics.
- Dec 1991 – Jan 1993
- Member of software design teams at GeoVision Canada and Theratronics Canada – GIS and Scientific Software.
- March 1983 – Sept 1990
- Member of scientific staff at Bell Northern Research (BNR) in Ottawa – Telecommunications,
- Logic Programming, File Systems, and CAD/CAM.
- M.Math in Computer Science, University of Waterloo
- B.Math in Computer Science, Arya-Mehr University of Technology (i.e. Sharif University)
- Software Development Manager (Nortel Networks):
Led groups of up to 12 designers building and maintaining projects like Network Management
and provisioning systems.
- System Architect (Nortel Networks):
Part of a design team working on projects like:
Operation and Administration of the Broadband Access Network
Off-board database for DMS switches
- Member of Scientific Staff (Nortel / BNR):
Designed, implemented and maintained many telephony features (e.g. name and number display, Call Forward)
and some DMS database features
Langara college. January 2001 - present. Taught a variety of courses including program design,
Unix/Linux. and Software Engineering.
Areas of Interest:
Software and programming language design
User Interface design
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2421
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2113
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2301
Areas of Interest
Web Development, Programming Languages, Compilers, Geomatics, Cloud Computing, Security, Cryptography
- B.Math. (Computer Science) University of Waterloo
- M.Sc. (Computer Science) Univerisity of Victoria
- MBA University of Victoria
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2445
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2426
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2013
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2083
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2160
- Dr. sc. techn. (in Computer Science) Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zürich, Switzerland. Research topic: Object Recognition.
- M. Sc. (in Computer Science) University of British Columbia, Vancouver. Research topic: Visual Knowledge Representation.
- B. Sc. Honours (class I) (in Computer Science) University of British Columbia, Vancouver.
Senior Research Assistant at the Institut für Informationssysteme, ETH Zürich. Led a research project on the automatic interpretation of cadastral maps which was a collaboration between ETH Zürich and the AEW, Aargau, Switzerland.
Software Engineer at Range Vision Inc., Burnaby. RVI manufactured range imaging hardware and machine vision software.
First courses in programming in Visual Basic, C++ and Java, core computer science courses that deal with data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming.
If you are looking for my contributions to the field of computational algebra or to Maple, you are probably looking for my husband Michael Monagan.
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2125
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2046
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2556
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2393
Phone: 604.323.5511 ext. 2557