Schedule of events:
Industry Innovators Panel & Roundtable Talks
10:30 am–12:30 pm | T Building Gallery | Register
This event will include a panel and roundtable discussion with individuals who have taken an idea, a product, or service and created a business in industries such as technology, creative writing, manufacturing, art, and design. Panelist questions will include: how they assess the need in the market, market research, balancing working on the idea and on the business, and how this complements the individual and their lifestyle.
- Alti-Tech Inc., Adrian Bolden, Owner
- Careteam Technologies Inc., Rob Attwell, Founder and COO
- Drinkfill, Andy Chou, CEO
- Humane Solutions Inc., Joseph Abercrombie, Founder and President
Self Employment & Employment Panel Discussion
2:30 pm–3:30 pm | T Building Gallery | Register
The goal is to have a panel of employed and self-employed and can speak to the pros and cons of operating a business.
- Caroline Ross Photography, Caroline Ross, Fashion Photography
- Exvera Communications Inc., Brittany Whitmore, CEO & Principal Publicist
- Todd Duncan Studios, Todd Duncan, Owner & Photographer
- Wind Sun Sky Entertainment, Lara Kehler,
Lead Interaction Designer
Entrepreneurship Getting Started – Funding & Resources
3:30 pm–4:30 pm | T Building Gallery | Register
Panel discussions about the steps to get started operating your own business. How to get involved and funding opportunities will also be discussed.
- Directors Guild of Canada, Kendrie Upton, Executive Director
- Futurpreneur, Nicola Jones-Crossley, Business Development Manager, BC
- Small Business BC, Dylan Hrycyshen, Business Planning Advisor
- RBC Small Business, Jason Chen, Business Account Manager
Project Management Panel (Hosted by the PMC Club)
5:30 pm–6:30pm | T Building Gallery | Register
- Convergence Concepts Inc., John Scheidegger, Project Manager
- Electronic Arts, TBA
- MEC, TBA
- Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Danea Avey, Project Manager
Employers are subject to change. Check this page for employer updates.
If you have any questions regarding Co-op & Career Week, email firstname.lastname@example.org.