Students will learn about the different hiring processes of government, corporations, non-for-profits, and co-operative businesses. Hiring mangers will share tips on how to be a successful hire, the Do’s and Don’ts of resume applications, presenting yourself on social media, and interviewing.
Schedule of events:
Human Resources Panel – How to Get Hired & Roundtables Discussion
10:30 am–12:30 pm | T Building Gallery | Register
- BC Hydro, Orlando Cerrato, Recruitment Partner
- City of Vancouver, Elan Polo, Recruitment Specialist
- Modo, Bernice Paul, HR/Office Manager
- Public Service Commission of Canada, Angela Foraaunet, Human Resources Advisor, BC, NWT, Nunavut and Yukon Region
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), Linda Tay, Recruiter, Western Canada
- United Way of the Lower Mainland, Gabrielle Smith, Director, Human Resources
- Vancouver Airport Authority (YVR), Emma Bradford, Employment Advisor
Industry Trends & Future Career Opportunities
2:30 pm–3:30 pm | T Building Gallery | Register
- KPMG, Lisa Lewkowicz, Campus Program Manager – Tax
- RBC, Yvonne Kwan, Branch Manager
- Rogers Communications, Hricha Thakur, Recruitment Consultant
Employers are subject to change. Check this page for employer updates.
If you have any questions regarding Co-op & Career Week, email firstname.lastname@example.org.