The Co-op and Career Development Centre brings you Career Talks a series of virtual career panels that will feature experts from a variety of industries. Each panel will focus on a different theme including hiring trends, science & tech, business, and more. The panels are open for all registered Langara students, they are held on Zoom and free to attend. Event registration closes 2 hours prior to the start of the event.
Spring 2022 Events
Human Resources and Recruiter Panel
Tuesday, January 25 | 4:30 pm–6:00 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to the hiring process, hiring tips including resumes, cover letters, and interviews. Panelists will also speak to networking. This is an opportunity to gain insights and tips that can help you align your career interests.
- HSBC – Talia Lemay, Talent Acquisition Manager
- Provincial Health Services Authority – Shaesta Rajabali, Advisor, Talent Acquisition
- Public Service Commission of Canada – Angela Foraaunet, Human Resources Advisor BC, NWT, Nunavut and Yukon Region
- WorkSafeBC – Milah Woo, Talent Acquisition Partner
Tuesday, February 1 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to their careers in mechanical, electrical, computer, and chemical engineering.
- City of Vancouver – Graham Fonseca, Environmental Engineer
- Evonik – Diego Gusmao, Chemical Engineer
Business Development Panel
Wednesday, February 9 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to strategic planning, business development, operations, and community development.
- CPHR BC & Yukon – Kelly Aslanowicz, Director, Business Development
- Futurpreneur Canada – Mina Haghighi, Senior Business Development Manager
- Workato – Jai Goyal, Sr. Account Executive (Alumni)
- Vancouver Board of Trade – Argi Ahmadi, Manager, Programs and EDI Initiatives (Alumni)
Criminal Justice Panel
Wednesday, February 16 | 11:30 am–12:30 pm | Register
Industry experts and recruiters speak to careers in policing, fraud, parole, and other criminal justice careers.
- ACI Worldwide – Marc Trepanier, Principal Fraud Consultant
- Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) – Shawn Chow, Recruiter, Superintendent, Human Resources
- Corrections Services Canada – Mike Grant, Pacific Region Outreach and Recruitment Officer
- RCMP – Cst. Rey Gumboc, Recruitment
- Vancouver Police Department – Detective Keith Dormond, Recruiting Unit
Friday, March 4 | 2:30 pm–3:30 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to accounting practices from large firms to small companies. A representative from CPABC will also be available to answer questions.
- CPABC – Rebecca Dirnfeld, Senior Student Recruitment Officer
- Speakers from KPMG, PwC will be included
- Check back for more speakers
Business Operations and Supply Chain Panel
Wednesday March 9 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to business operations, logistics, supply chain, and global business considerations.
Project Management Panel
Friday, March 11 | 2:30 pm–3:30 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to their careers in technology, finance, health, and business.
- Speakers TBA
Tuesday, March 15 | 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Register
Industry experts will speak to all aspects of marketing, advertising, and digital marketing.
- Speakers TBA
Wednesday, March 30 | 4:30 pm–5:30 pm | Register
Hear from entrepreneurs about how they started their businesses and more.
- Speakers TBA
See the list of past Career Talks events from previous semesters.
Employers are subject to change. Check this page for updates.
For any questions regarding Career Talks, contact email@example.com.