Launch your global career! Work in India January 2020–April 2020.
The India Connect Scholarship Program is sending two Langara students on an all expenses paid trip to work in New Delhi, India for the spring 2020 semester. The two successful students will work at Optimus Information Inc. which is India’s leading IT firm.
Who can apply?
Students in second year or higher from the following programs should apply:
- Computer Science
- PDD Business or Marketing
- General Arts and Science
For full eligibility details and to download the application form, visit the how to apply page.
Applications are now open. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, October 29, 2019.
The two successful candidates will each receive a $10,000 scholarship to pay for all travel expenses and salary. Optimus Information Inc. will cover daily lunches, an apartment, and transportation to and from work.
Ready to apply?
Submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following five items:
- A completed India Connect Program Application Form (PDF). Download the application form (PDF).
- Scanned copy of the face page of your passport, valid for six months after January 2020.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript.
- Targeted cover letter and resume.
- A one-page essay outlining how this opportunity will contribute to your education (more details about the essay requirements are included in the India Connect Application Form)
Attend an information session.
- Wednesday, September 18, 10:30 am–11:30 am | Room A367 | Register
- Monday, September 23, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm | Room A367 | Register
- Tuesday, October 1, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Room A363B | Register
- Wednesday, October 9, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm | Room A368 | Register
- Tuesday, October 15, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm | Room A368 | Register
Check out photos from last year's participants.
Join the newsletter.
Have questions about India Connect or looking for more information? Email email@example.com.
“The experience taught me three important life lessons: the importance of having international work experience, the benefits of developing confidence in my abilities, and the value of knowing what skills I need to focus on in order to further my career aspirations.”
– Willy Sin, Spring 2018 participant
“Working at Optimus has taught me the importance of global communication and how it enables businesses to operate on an international scale. Optimus has helped further my education by giving me a chance to work with industry-leading clients in today’s fast-paced and ever-changing technology environment.”
– Lucy Morrow, Spring 2018 participant