Co-op allows you to alternate study semesters with paid work terms locally, nationally, and internationally. Apply in your first year and get a head start on your career. The Langara Co-op Program has been running for over 40 years and instructors are available to assist you with your placement. While one co-op placement is mandatory for several programs, an optional co-op designation is also available.
Programs that have co-op include:
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Recreation Management
- Business and Marketing Diplomas
- Associate of Science Degree in Bioinformatics
- Associate of Science Degree in Computer Science
- Diploma in Bioinformatics
- Diploma in Computer Science
View the full list of programs that offer co-op designations.
In addition to Co-op placements, the Co-op and Career Development Centre also manages work experience opportunities for all Post Degree Diploma Programs.
Watch the video to see how co-op has made an impact in these students' lives and careers.
Office Notice: Due to COVID-19, the Co-op and Career Development Centre will continue to cease face-to-face services from our C121 office until further notice. Please note that instructors and staff will be available online.
For commonly asked questions specific to co-op, PDD, and career, check the CCDC FAQs.
For any further questions, please contact the following:
- Courses (EXPE or COOP courses): Contact your instructor directly, by email
- Co-op program: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career (posting jobs, events, etc.): email@example.com
For College updates regarding COVID-19, please check the campus news page for more information.
Co-op Information Sessions
Attend a virtual information session to see if co-op is right for you.
- Wednesday, May 19 | 10:30 am–11:20 am | Register
- Tuesday, June 1 | 12:30 pm–1:20 pm | Register
- Wednesday, June 16 | 12:30 pm–1:20 pm | Register
- Thursday, July 8 | 10:30 am–11:20 am | Register
Download the Co-operative Education Student Handbook (PDF) for more details about the co-op process.
BBA Work Experience Requirement Information Sessions
Did you know you have a Work Experience Requirement for your BBA? Attend an info session to learn more about your options.
- Tuesday, May 11 | 10:30 am–11:00 am | Register
- Thursday, May 27 | 12:30 pm–1:00 pm | Register
- Wednesday, June 9 | 12:30 pm–1:00 pm | Register
- Wednesday, July 7 | 2:30 pm–3:00 pm | Register
Our students are available for hire from several programs and are ready to offer a variety of skills to your organization. Partner with us.