Live, Learn, and Earn at Disney.
Walt Disney Resort, Florida & University of California Riverside
Langara College, in partnership with Disney International Programs and the University of California, Riverside, offers a unique international field school where students have the opportunity to work at Walt Disney World.
The program blends nine credits of academic coursework at the University of California, Riverside and at the Disney University with six months of supervised paid training at Walt Disney World. The program is open to all students.
Students who participate in the field school will benefit in the following ways:
- Be a part of a rare opportunity: Langara is one of six Canadian post-secondary institutions to take part in Disney International's Academic Exchange program.
- Expand your resume: Build your resume through experiential academic training. Training opportunities include a range of roles from hospitality, concierge, and culinary roles to vacation planning and other customer-service oriented positions.
- Experience life-changing opportunities: Learn important business philosophies from Disney leaders and make friends around the world while earning your credentials at Langara.
Applications for the June 2018 field school will open in September, 2017. The deadline for submission is Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 3:00 pm. Extended to Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 12:00 pm.
Information Sessions will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, November 28 | 12:30 pm–1:00 pm | A353 | Register
- Thursday, January 11 | 12:30 pm–1:00 pm | A353 | Register
Drop by the Co-op and Career Development Centre (C121) for more information.
Congratulations to Pearlena Hamilton (left) and Sae Nakajima who are Langara’s Disney Field School students for 2017. The two fly to LA on June 24th, for the first 2 weeks of the program then on to Orlando for the next 6 months.