At Langara College, ensuring the campus environment is safe is important for the well-being of all our occupants. In Collaboration with key stakeholders such as College supervisors, Human Resources, and the Occupational Health & Safety Committee, Safety & Security helps ensure workplace safety through a number of programs and services such as safety training and tips designed to prevent safety hazards, accidents, and injuries.
Safety & Security works proactively to reduce occupational injuries and illnesses by:
- Conducting safety audits and inspections
- Documenting and investigating safety concerns and incidents
- Making safety recommendations
- Following up with corrective actions when applicable
- Providing information and training sessions on improving health and safety when needed