Nov 21, 2016
HEAD COACH, WOMEN’S SOCCER
Part Time Contract Position
The Department of Athletics & Intramurals at Langara College is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Soccer Coach for their Intercollegiate Women’s Soccer program, for a one year term, effective immediately. This contract is renewable.
Reporting to the Director, Athletics and Intramurals, the Women’s Soccer coach will provide leadership to the program through the coaching, development, and recruitment required in organizing a competitive and successful team, while promoting the academic success of the student athletes under their supervision. The position requires that you have values consistent with the high standards of the Department and Langara College and that the program abides by Langara College’s Coaching Code of Conduct as well as the PACWEST Code of Ethics.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to, the recruitment and development of players, organizing and conducting practices, coaching league games, developing a competitive program that encourages sportsmanship, integrity, and teamwork.
- Demonstrate strong communication, presentation, organizational, leadership, administrative, budget management and interpersonal skills.
- The skill and ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment, take initiative, as well as maintain tact and composure in a highly competitive environment.
- Three to five years’ experience coaching soccer preferably at the post secondary or senior high level.
- Fully certified NCCP Level 3 or CSA national B license preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field (Masters Degree preferred) equivalency in education, training and experience considered.
- In-depth knowledge of rules and regulations of the sport.
- Familiarity with the local and provincial sport community.
- Flexible schedule that allows for afternoon/evening practices and weekend travel
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Contract salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Successful candidate must obtain original documentation confirming a satisfactory criminal records check prior to commencement of any duties.
Please forward your resume, to Jake McCallum, Director, Athletics and Intramurals by e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Langara College. However, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.