There are little steps you can take every day that not only will save you money, but will help our environment.
- Recycle as much as you can on campus and at home. We have a number of blue bins around campus to recycle paper, plastic, and even organics. If you're unsure about whether something can be recycled or where it should be recycled (such as batteries), check out the Recycling Council of BC.
- Save water by reducing your showers by five minutes.
- Set your thermostat lower a few degrees. Opt for wearing a sweater instead in cooler temperatures.
- Take alternative transportation (carpool, cycle, bus or skytrain) to campus. There are many fast and convenient options to Langara, including beautiful bike routes
- Skip bottled water when possible. Langara has water fountains as well as filtered water stations around campus (all for free!)
- Borrow instead of buy. Our Library has a vast collection of resources including a large collection of ebooks and DVDs.
Be a green volunteer!
Are you interested in supporting green initiatives on campus? There are various volunteer opportunities to help with sustainability initiatives on- and off-campus, including planting native plants or being a recycling ambassador at special events. Visit the Volunteer Opportunity page to view the latest opportunities.
Have a green idea or initiative?
We'd love to hear it! Please email your idea or initiative to email@example.com.