Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Part-Time (20 hours per week)
Dates: September 16, 2019 to April 30, 2020
The Wellness Peer Support Program Coordinator (the “Coordinator”) is responsible for coordinating a six-month pilot program at Langara College. In this position, the Coordinator will help develop, implement, and administer a peer support program that empowers students to participate in meaningful conversation around healthy lifestyles, mental well-being, and overall student experience. The Coordinator provides leadership for small teams of participants to help their peers navigate and apply information, opportunities, and resources at Langara College that support their well-being and success. The Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the pilot meets program and reporting priorities.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Minimum two years of recent related experience in an educational or health services setting with program development, planning, and delivery of services/programs, preferably in a post-secondary environment
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary studies with minimum completion of 2 years. Preference given to candidates with a 2 year Diploma in Psychology, Health Sciences, or other related field.
- Experience with group facilitation, coaching, and/or mentoring
- Experience with event planning
- Experience delivering community-based programming in counselling or crisis intervention an asset
- Training in diversity, equity, and inclusion an asset
- Training in cultural safety an asset
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Knowledge of wellness and/or mental health resources an asset
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience may be considered
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously in English, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of health education, literacy, and promotion, including social determinants of health
- Effective group facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including active listening and empathy
- Ability to use tact, discretion, and professionalism as it relates to sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to give and respond to constructive feedback in a non-defensive manner
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Incumbent may be required to work evenings and weekends
Salary Range: $26.09 - $29.91 Hourly (Pay Grade 22)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:15am - 4:30pm. Monday to Friday (may include some evenings and/or weekends), however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C126-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on September 23, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.