Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume and cover) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: November 1, 2019 to November 1, 2022
The System Analyst, Workday provides technical support and expertise for the Workday system. This role acts as the first point of contact for Workday enquires and requests and responds to technical issues and incoming requests through the Workday Helpdesk. In addition, this position is responsible for analysis and reporting of trending issues, escalating as required. In addition to daily activities, the System Analyst, Workday participates and provides technical expertise for projects related to Workday.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completed post-secondary education Computer System Technician, Desktop Support or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a technical client service representative; including 1 year of concurrent experience as a computer technician and client-facing front-line client service supporting IT services and technology, with experience in Workday preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge in JIRA, JAMA, Footprints or other ITMS system experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL an asset.
- Knowledge of Banner is an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work with customers in a professional, patient, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Strong history of positive customer interaction and customer support.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced support team environment.
- Strong technical, problem resolution and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a high degree of confidentiality due to the incumbents’ access to confidential employee relations information.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills. Able to multi-task and deliver multiple assignments in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies or technologies.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in meeting deadlines and working with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Flexibility to provide non-regular hours support by working the evening and/or weekend shift.
Salary Range: $2,143.62 - $2,513.33 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 27)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:00am - 4:00pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C142-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 15, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.