Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents (resume, cover and supplementary information request) will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Dates: As soon as possible to August 31, 2020
The Supervisor, Graduation & Transfer Credit is responsible for coordinating, regulating, and supervising the work of the Graduation and Transfer Credit business unit(s), ensuring that critical timelines are met and policies are followed. The Supervisor resolves complex problems for students, faculty and administrators related to the work of the units. The incumbent is an expert user of the Student Information System and works on behalf of the unit(s) and in collaboration with IT to identify, investigate and resolve system problems; specify, test, and implement system changes; and coordinate functional user aspects of system projects. The incumbent initiates, operationalizes, coordinates and executes changes, processes or projects. This position operationalizes procedures, policies, and protocols and interprets policies or procedures where necessary to ensure the smooth coordination of various RES units and stakeholders. The Supervisor is responsible for supervising staff, training, and day-to-day personnel administration. This position is a subject matter expert in the function in which s/he supervises in and advises staff, administrators, or external stakeholders on the policies, procedures, and systems related to the business unit(s).
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum four (4) years of progressively related experience in a Registrar’s Office, including considerable staff supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with an integrated student record system (e.g. Banner).
- Knowledge of post-secondary policy and procedures, programs and registrarial processes.
- Knowledge of the BC post-secondary system.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to organize, schedule, supervise, and participate in the work of subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, take initiative, and effectively organize and prioritize large volumes of work and the work of others.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent ability to pay attention to detail and enter data accurately.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines when encountering conflicting demands, and working under pressure.
- Ability to provide effective and excellent customer service and deal with complaints tactfully and in a courteous manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively, and encourage others to work cooperatively, in a variety of settings, and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrated excellent ability to use mature judgement, diplomacy, tact and discretion, particularly in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (Excel), presentation (Power Point), data base software, and email.
- Ability to achieve keyboarding speed of 40 wpm.
Salary Range: $2,093.82 - $2,411.93 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 26)
Please note: Lesser qualified applicants may be considered for this position and may be appointed to a lesser paygrade.
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:45pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C121-19
Closing Date: 4:30PM on September 13, 2019.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
*Additional Information Required: Please click here to download the Supplemental Information Request (SIR) and submit the completed form with your application. Applications submitted without the SIR will not be reviewed.*
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.