Please read the posting and application information carefully. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Temporary, Full Time
Start Date: October 1, 2018 to March 31, 2020.
The Supervisor, Accounts Receivable is responsible for the timely and accurate operation of the accounts receivable function within the College. This position implements, administers, maintains and evaluates the College’s accounts receivable systems ensuring compliance with government regulations and College policies and procedures. In addition, the Supervisor oversees, reviews, and directs the work of unit staff.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a two year business diploma, preferably in accounting or finance from an accredited post-secondary institution OR the completion of level 2 of a professional accounting program (e.g. CGA, CMA.)
- Four (4) years of recent accounts receivable experience in an integrated finance/ accounting software environment, preferably in a post-secondary institution.
- Supervisory experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial accounting and bookkeeping processes.
- Intermediate proficiency of spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of post-secondary admission and registration processes, financial aid processes, and tuition fee structures.
- Knowledge and experience in managing large volumes of cash and reconciliation procedures.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and provide customer service to College personnel, students, external agencies, and members of the general public.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing and assigning work.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with a minimum of supervision and within a team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and email.
- Keyboarding skills at 40 wpm.
Salary Range: $1920.11 - $2183.78 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 24)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:45pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Competition No.: C164-18
Closing Date: 4:30PM on October 19, 2018.
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your required documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.